Creating a Facebook Page
Facebook pages are vital business listings. Here I will explain how to create a Facebook page to engage with your customers. For Facebook page creation, Instagram page creation, Yelp page creation, SEO, PPC Advertising, GMB listings, email marketing, and various other forms of digital marketing services, I recommend hiring a digital marketing agency such as Braven Agency, or singing up for programs such as LA Optimized.
- Click here: to create a Facebook page. You will need a facebook account to create a page.
- Select the get started button and select the type of page you want to create. You have the option to create an account for a community/public figure or a business or brand.
- Add in the information for a business account:
- Under page name, enter the name of your business or a name associated with your business, customers are most likely to search for.
- For the category section, put in a few words that describe the nature of your business. Facebook offers plenty of options to help you categorize your business.
- Next facebook will ask for your phone number and address, and you can decide whether you want to display all of this information or just the location of the city and state
- Finally press Continue.
- Uploading Profile Picture .
- Profile photos should be a logo or image of the business/public figure. This photo appears with text in the Facebook search box. The image chosen should help users immediately recognize the page. The photo will be cropped to a circle, so keep all vital information out of the corners of the photo.
- For Desktop, profile photos are shown with 170 x 170 pixels.
- On mobile profile phots will be displayed with 128 x 128 pixels.
- Once a photo is chosen, click on Upload Profile Picture.
- Uploading Cover Photo
- This image needs to convey the values and message of your brand.
- This message is much larger than the profile photo, and appears behind the profile photo.
- For mobile devices, the cover photo will have 640 x 360 pixels.
- On Desktop, the cover photo will be 400 x 150 pixels.
- Optimum dimensions for a cover photo are 720 x 315 pixels.
- Once the perfect cover photo is selected, click on Upload Cover Photo.
Creating your Username
Your username helps people locate you on Facebook. AKA vanity URL.
- Go to the left menu and select “Create Page @Username”, and put in the username you would like to use. You have the option of using up to 50 characters, however the shorter the username, the higher the likelihood of people remembering and utilizing it.
Adding in Additional Page Info
The description, categories, contact info, location, and price range can be entered in this stage. This can be put off until later, however the earlier you enter this information the more value you will get out of this Facebook page. In the top menu under Edit Page Info you can find each of these categories.
This description shows up in search results, so this should be short and to the point. A few sentences that share vital information works best in this situation.
Here you can add more categories to your facebook page. These are the same categories that we explored in initial setup.
Share important contact information that you want your customers to be able to easily reach and contact you with. Phone number, email address, website.
Using Google Maps, put in the location of your business. If your business is located within a mall or skyscraper, you will have to specify which building your business is located within.
Specify your hours of operation.
Let customers know about how much you charge for services. Price ranges go from one $ meaning cheap pricing, two $$ meaning moderate pricing, three $$$ meaning expensive pricing, and lastly $$$$ meaning splurge pricing. Select your pricing based on your branding and market position.
Create a post that offers value to customers. Great posts are reposts of content from thought leaders, promotions, or something new and original. The goal is to create something of value that will motivate users to continue interacting with the page.
Publish your Page!
Finally you can publish your page and invite an audience to interact with the page. Go to the left hand menu and select the publish this page. Promote this page across channels and invite your facebook friends to like the page. Happy hunting!
Optimizing your webpage can be hard work. To capture the most value from your facebook listing, I recommend hiring a Digital Marketing Agency such as Braven Agency. This agency will create and manage your business listings across social media, and optimize your online presence in a variety of ways.